Add to Itinerary
| Return to Listings
This bronze statue was designed by John Palo-Kanges and represents an idealized image of Father Junipero Serra, the founder of Mission San Buenaventura. Located in front of Ventura's City Hall on California Street, the original cement statue, was a WPA project, was unveiled in November 1936. Due to weathering, the original statue was placed in storage in 1989 and replaced by the present bronze one. The wooden statue used to mold the bronze statue is located in the atrium of the City Hall. It was unveiled in November 1936.